What makes the KIS Diploma Programme great for Inspiring Individuals?
- Inspirational : KIS DP inspiring students to new heights.
- Aspirational : Our Diploma students progress to the most selective universities in the world.
- World Class : KIS's average score is 34 points, and the pass rate is close to 100%
The DP Curriculum
Students taking the IB Diploma choose their courses as follows:
- Students take 6 subjects, 1 subject from each group.
- 3 Subjects will be at Higher Level (HL) & 3 at Standard Level (SL).
- Students can take a second subject from Groups 3 or 4 rather than take a Group 6 subject.
- Students can take 2 subjects from Group 1 (rather than a Group 2 subject), this combination will lead to the award of a Bilingual Diploma.
- All Diploma Programme students take a Theory of Knowledge Course; Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) Programme, and write an Extended Essay in one of their subject areas.
The diagram below shows how the IB Diploma is structured.
DP Subjects available at KIS 2019-2021
Group 1 - Studies in Language and Literature.
Language A Thai Language and Literature: HL/SL
Language A Other Language Self Taught Literature: SL
Group 4 - Experimental Sciences.
Design Technology HL/SL
Environmental Systems and Societies SL
Group 2 - Language Acquisition
Language B Mandarin HL/SL
Language B Spanish HL/SL
Language B Mandarin Ab Initio SL
Language B Spanish Ab Initio SLLanguage B French Ab Initio (Online) SL
Group 5 - Mathematics
Applications and Interpretation SLAnalysis and Approaches HL/SL
Group 3 - Individuals & Societies.
Environmental Systems & Societies SL
Philosophy (Online) SL
Group 6 - The Arts.
Film Studies SL (Online)
Higher Education Progression
Our graduating classes have consistently been offered places at top universities around the world. In addition to that, they have been offered over $1,000,000 USD in scholarships on average over the past few years, with $2,000,000 USD offered in 2018! KIS has maintained a 7 year average Diploma score of 34 IB points, well above the world average of 30 points, with an average pass rate of 96%, and close to 100% participation rate (i.e. all of our graduating cohort usually do the full IB Diploma).
To ensure that students find the right school for them, our university counselors meet with students starting in Grade 9 to help prepare them to plan and set goals for their future after KIS. For more information about university counseling please visit our University Counseling page.
Counselling is progressive throughout the school in all programmes. The idea of “best fit” for university applications begins long before the students begin the DP. The students will narrow down their searches by looking at what countries that want to study in, what field they want to study, if they need scholarships, etc.
We have software available to us which helps the students to choose a direction for themselves in regard to Universities and courses.
The IB provides students with the tools to succeed in many different areas of life. KIS graduates went on to study the following Majors at University:
- Actuary Sciences
- Applied Science
- Art History
- Biological Science
- Biomedical Sciences
- Business and Management
- Business Law
- Chemical Engineering
- Communication Arts/Communication Management
- Communication Design
- Computer Animation
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Dental Surgery
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Sustainability
- Fashion Management
- Film Production
- Global and Urban Education Studies
- Graphic Design
- Health Sciences
- Hotel Management and Hospitality
- Industrial Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- International Business
- International Justice/Human Rights
- Language and Culture
- Liberal Arts
- Marine Biology
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media and Communication
- Molecular Biology
- Multimedia Communication
- Music Production
- Nutrition Science
- Operations and Logistics
- Petroleum Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Political Science
- Science and Integrated Technology
- Sound Engineering
- Sports Coaching
- Supply Chain and Operations
- Sustainable Development and Cooperation
- The Arts
- Writing for Screen