Students learning through the International Baccalaureate tackle challenges in an interdisciplinary manner. Recently KIS's Middle Years Programme students spent a week on interdisciplinary projects that required students to apply knowledge from 2 or more subjects.
The Interdisciplinary Units included:
- Grade 6: A message worth spreading, integrating English Language and Literature and Visual Arts;
- Grade 7: Every bite counts, integrating Individuals and Societies and Experimental Sciences;
- Grade 8: Mathematical pattern in art, integrating Maths and Visual Arts;
- Grade 9: Darwin on the stage, integrating English Language and Literature and Drama;
- Grade 10: Harnessing the power of the wind, integrating Individuals and Societies and Science
Here are some photos of the students at work. This approach to incorporating an interdisciplinary unit into the curriculum was well received, and teachers and students were both proud of the final results.