Early Years Application Procedure
We would like to make sure we provide you with the best service possible during your application to KIS. If you are interested in having your child enroll in one of our Early Years classes, please review the following guidelines.
School visits and tours
Many families would like to see the school. We are happy to provide you with a complete school tour, but we would also like to make sure our children enjoy their school day and have minimal disruptions to their learning. As such:
- We offer school tours only to families with children who are at least two years old.
- Please book a tour ahead of time.
- Please have all family members who are interested in seeing the school join the appointment for your visit. Due to the large demand, it may take a long time before we can offer you a second tour.
Applications for families not living in Thailand
As an international IB World school we understand that families from overseas, who may be moving to Thailand during different times of the year, may not be able to work within the application deadlines. We can accommodate the needs of these families outside of the set periods.
For families who are unable to visit at all before their move, we can consider the option of an overseas assessment process.
Submitting an application
For our Early Years 1- 2 applicants in Thailand we have three application periods each year. Priority will be given to
students who apply during these periods.
Please ensure that your child meets the following targets before submitting the application:
- The child should be completely toilet trained and should feel confident using the bathroom. The child should be able to ask when they need the toilet and be able to pull up and pull down their own underwear and use the toilet with some assistance.
- The child should have good self-help skills.
- The child should be able to spend time away from their caregivers.
- The child should be able to understand his or her mother tongue language and be able to express his or her feelings.
- The child should be able to play independently and in a group.
- The child should be able to eat and drink independently.
Applications can be submitted during the periods below.
Academic Year 2023-2024
Early Years 1: Children born between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020
Early Years 2: Children born between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019
Apply for Term 1 (August 2023) Academic Year 2023-2024
- Application period: August 1, 2022 – January 20, 2023
- Assessment period: February 1 – 15, 2023
- Parent interview for shortlisted applicants: February 20-28, 2023
- Assessment result: March 6, 2023
Apply for Term 2 (January 2024) Academic Year 2023-2024
- Application period: February 1 – August 31, 2023
- Assessment period: September 11 – 22, 2023
- Parent interview for shortlisted applicants: September 25 - October 5, 2023
- Assessment result: October 11, 2023
Apply for Term 3 (April 2024) Academic Year 2023-2024
- Application period: July 1, 2023 – January 18, 2024
- Assessment period: January 22 – 31, 2024
- Parent interview for shortlisted applicants: February 1 – 9, 2024
- Assessment result: February 14, 2024
Academic Year 2024-2025
Early Years 1: Children born between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021
Early Years 2: Children born between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020
Apply for Term 1 (August 2024) Academic Year 2024-2025
- Application period: August 1, 2023 – January 24, 2024
- Assessment period: January 30 – February 9, 2024
- Parent interview for shortlisted applicants: February 19– 23, 2024
- Assessment result: March 4, 2024
Apply for Term 2 (January 2025) Academic Year 2024-2025
- Application period: February 1 – August 31, 2024
- Assessment period: September 5 – 13, 2024
- Parent interview for shortlisted applicants: September 19 – 27, 2024
- Assessment result: October 4, 2024
Apply for Term 3 (April 2025) Academic Year 2024-2025
- Application period: July 1, 2024 – January 20, 2025
- Assessment period: January 23 – 31, 2025
- Parent interview for shortlisted applicants: February 10 – 14, 2025
- Assessment result: February 20, 2025
Application Steps for Early Years 1 and Early Years 2
Step 1: Complete the Inquiry Form and Visit the School
In order for KIS to provide the best service possible, families are asked to first complete an Inquiry Form through our online portal. This should be done prior to a campus tour. Families are requested to contact the school and make an appointment for a campus tour after your child turns 2 years old. Please do book ahead.
Step 2: Complete the Application Form and Upload Necessary Documents
The application to KIS is done through our online portal Open Apply. Complete all fields of the form then finish the application by uploading/completing the following:
- Complete the form “Admissions Expectations for Early Years Students”
- Upload 1 digital photo (passport-like) of each child and parents/guardian, taken no longer than 6 months ago.
- Upload a copy of the birth certificate and vaccination record in English
- Upload a copy of Thai ID. and Residence certificate (Thai citizen)
- Upload a copy of the student’s and parents’/guardian passport and visa (International citizen)
- Upload a copy of the school reports if the child was previously in school
- If the child has been in school before: provide the name and email address of a teacher and of a school administrator on the “Teacher request for recommendation” and “Request administrator recommendation” sections on Open Apply
- Pay the application fee
Step 3: Schedule the Assessment/Family Interviews
The Admissions team will review your child’s application and make the observation appointment with you via e-mail. Please remember each child will have one observation per academic year.
If any applicant wants to reapply, they can do so for the next academic year.
The parents of Early Years 1- 2 applicants will, in addition, meet with an academic leader or counselor. The application is
then reviewed taking into consideration the school's admissions criteria which include:
- Level of confidence and independence
- Siblings enrolled at KIS
- Affinity with the IB learner profile
- Class size and seat availability
- Parent is KIS alumnus
Step 4: Registration
Once a place is offered to a prospective student, the family will be given a time frame within one or two weeks to confirm his/her intention through a letter of acceptance and making the payment.
The final steps in the registration process are:
- Make payment of all fees by the set deadline
- Complete online Student Services Form, Student Health Form and Student Background Form
- Purchase school uniforms, have KIS ID card made and return the signed digital permission slips and “acknowledgment of conditions of acceptance” at School Services Department
- Collect welcome package and KIS Family Handbook at Admissions Office
- Attend the new parent/student orientation
- Continue communications with your child’s teachers and attend the social meetings, academic meetings and workshops provided by the school and the KIS Parents' Association