IB Diploma Full Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the KIS IB Diploma Full Scholarship 2020-2022.
As part of KIS’s continued support to the Bangkok community, the school is offering a full IB Diploma Academic Scholarship valued at over 1.8 Million Baht. The winner of this scholarship will be invited to study at KIS without paying the registration fee or any tuition for the duration of the IB Diploma programme, which lasts for two years (Grade 11 and Grade 12 or Year 12 and Year 13).
KIS scholarship students typically perform very well on the IB Exams and have received places at prestigious universities around the world. We invite you to be one of these successful students and secure your future.
This full academic scholarship will be for one student. Current KIS Grade 10 students are invited to apply also. The scholarship will be awarded to the best IB student, as seen in the results of the assessment test and the performance on an interview with the scholarship committee.
October 1, 2019 – March 16, 2020 Application period
October 1, 2019 – March 16, 2020 (3 hours) Assessment test dates
March 30 – April 3, 2020 Interviews of short listed candidates
April 22, 2020 Announcement of winner
April 29 – May 8, 2020 Contract signing
Please note that some assessment dates may conflict with IGCSE or other exams. We therefore ask you to schedule your assessment taking this into consideration.
Requirements to qualify:
- Currently in Grade 10 (Year 11, age 15 or 16 years old)
- Ready to enter Grade 11 in August 2020
- Any nationality
- Fluent in English
- Strong academically
- Well-rounded student
- Sit an exam and undergo an interview at KIS International School
Winner of the scholarship:
The academic scholarship will be awarded to the best student, provided the minimum level of achievement has been reached. The minimum level of achievement to be awarded the scholarship is a “6” (On the IB Scale of 0-7) on the assessment and a good performance on the interview with the scholarship committee.
Candidates who do not receive the IB Diploma Full Scholarship, but who perform above expectations, may be eligible for a partial scholarship.
Benefits of the scholarship:
Tuition fee will be waived for the duration of Grade 11 and Grade 12, provided the scholarship conditions continue to be met. No registration fee will need to be paid by new students.
Requirements to maintain scholarship:
Academic requirements: Maintain consistent performance of high grades. A total score of minimum 36 points should be maintained in the IB Diploma subjects.
Financial requirements: Fees that remain to be paid are:
- Development fee (150,000 Baht refundable deposit or 30,000 Baht non-refundable annual fee),
- Books (approximately 20,000 - 40,000 Baht) for the two years,
- IB Diploma online courses if selected,
- Diploma Programme science overnight trip for Environmental System & Societies and Biology students (approximately 50,000 Baht) in Grade 11,
- Uniforms (approximately 2,500 - 3,500 Baht per year),
- School bus (optional, bus fees between 69,000 and 89,600 Baht per year),
- Lunch (optional, approximately 500 Baht per week),
- After school activities (optional, approximately between 4,000 and 6,000 Baht per term).
A scholarship acceptance letter, specifying the conditions and duration of the scholarship, will be signed by the school, the winning student and his/her parents.
For more information about KIS or to apply for the scholarship, contact the admissions office at + 662-274 3444 extension 5101, 5103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To start the admissions process please complete an inquiry form through our OpenApply admissions portal.