KIS International School is set in a green, quiet, gated community near the city center of Bangkok, Thailand. KIS is located on Pracha-Utit Road, just north of Rama 9 Road and east of Asoke-Rachadapisek. Situated on a tree-lined avenue of the gated Kesinee Ville Housing Estate, the school exudes a warm welcome to all who visit; the atmosphere is one of a close community in a safe, clean and green environment. Providing housing for approximately 150 familes, the estate itself is intimate, friendly and a great place to raise a family. With a mix of both international and Thai residents, it's a relaxed and easy place to both visit and live.
KIS is also easily accessible from many locations in Bangkok and as such, families have a variety of choices for housing locations around central Bangkok or the suburbs, and still have easy access to KIS.
The school is located close to the MRT station Thailand Cultural Center, from which a shuttle van takes students and staff to school and back. Using this service a typical commute from Sukhumvit 21 or 23 would be around 20 minutes.
Map and Location: Click here
The following areas are good housing locations for their proximity to school, BTS (sky train), MRT (subway) and for road links to the school:
Any odd numbered Sukhumvit sois particularly:
- Sukhumvit Sois 15 to 21
- Sukhumvit Soi 55 (also know as Thong Lor)
- Sukhumvit Soi 63 (also known as Ekamai)
- Sukhumvit Soi 65-71 (Phra Khanong area)
KIS is also accessible from:
- Rama 9 road
- Asok- Rachadapisek road
- Lad Prao road
- Sathorn Road- using the Lumpini-Rama 4 expressway
- Ekamai-Ramintra & Chaengwattana-Srinakarin expressways, giving access to many suburbs
- Pattanakarn Road
From the MRT by Taxi
KIS is a five minute taxi ride from the MRT station Thailand Cultural Centre. The exit for the most direct route to the campus by taxi is Exit 3. Click below for a map which also includes directions from all access points.
Free MRT Shuttle Service
On the regular school days KIS runs free shuttle buses from and to the MRT station Thailand Cultural Center. Primary school students must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.
School Bus Service
- KIS offers door-to-door transportation service operated by KIS and Montri Bus, a professional transportation company.
- KIS and Montri buses are air-conditioned mini-vans with safety belts installed in all seats. The vans are also equipped with GPS tracking, motion sensors, video camera, mobile telephone, fire extinguisher and first aid kit. Apart from well trained drivers, each van has a bus monitor to take care of and supervise the children on the van.
If you giving directions to a Thai taxi driver you can give the directions phonetically by saying the following:
"Rongrian Nanachaat K. I. S.
Thanon Pracha- Utit soi yeesip-et
Sii Yaek Meng Jai
GPS Coordinates: 13°46'19"N 100°35'22"E