Visiting and Applying to KIS
We hope that we have sparked your interest in KIS and that you are interested in visiting the school or submitting an application. KIS uses Open Apply, this is an online portal which allows us to streamline all inquiries, visits, assessments and applications. You will be asked to create an account with your email address and a password. Please use the same details to log in each time.
The application process is as follows
For Early Years 1 and Early Years 2 Applicants (ages 3-4), please click here
For Early Years 3 and all other grades (1-12), please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Complete the Inquiry Form and Visit the School
In order for KIS to provide the best service possible, families are asked to first complete an Inquiry Form through our online portal. Please click here to start your inquiry form. This should be done prior to a campus tour.
Families are requested to contact the school and make an appointment for a campus tour. Please do book ahead and kindly note that applicants must be at least 2 years old.
Step 2: Complete the Application Form and Upload Necessary Documents
The application to KIS is done through our online portal Open Apply.
Step 3: Schedule the Assessment/Family Interviews
The Admissions team will review your child’s application and make the assessment appointment with you via e-mail.
The parents of Primary School applicants will also meet with the Primary School Vice Principal. The parents of Secondary School applicants, together with the applicant, will have an interview with the Secondary School Principal or Vice Principal.
The application is then reviewed taking into consideration the following:
- Level of confidence and independence
- Proficiency in the English language
- Experience in an IB programme
- Previous international school experience
- Class size, class dynamics and seat availability
- Results of assessment/observation/interview
- Previous academic record and recommendations (for EY3 and above) and support needs
- Parent is KIS alumnus
Step 4: Registration
Once a place is offered to a prospective student, the family will be given a time frame within one or two weeks to confirm his/her intention through a letter of acceptance and making the payment.
Some notes to ensure that we can provide you with the best service possible
- Applications for EY3 and above are welcome any time of year, but as some classes may be full please apply early
- Early Years 1 and 2 families located in Bangkok should apply during the set application periods
- Please complete the inquiry form before booking a tour. Please note that the tour will only be confirmed once you hear back directly from one of the admissions staff.
- Please email us or complete the school tour booking form to visit the school. We may not be able to accommodate you without an appointment
- School tours are only available for applicants over 2 years old
- Please have all family members who are interested in seeing the school join the appointment for your visit. Due to the large demand it may take a long time before we can offer you a second tour.
- Late applications into Grade 11 and applications into Grade 12 are discouraged.
- Students applying to EY3 and up who are not shortlisted for placement at KIS may re-apply after 6 months.
- Students applying to the Early Years who are not shortlisted for placement at KIS may re-apply after 1 year.
- Online school visits and assessments are available.
Procedure for Expatriate Families
Expatriate families, including those with children applying to the Early Years, who wish to tour KIS International School during their preview visit to Bangkok may be able to complete the Application Process during that time. Assessment tests will be booked taking the family's relocation schedule into consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance we can give you, including a pick-up service from the airport or your hotel to our school. For families who are moving from overseas but are unable to schedule a preview visit, an overseas assessment procedure can be considered.