KIS International School is set in a green, quiet, gated community near the city center of Bangkok, Thailand. KIS is located on Pracha-Utit Road, just north of Rama 9 Road and east of Asoke-Rachadapisek. Situated on a tree-lined avenue of the gated Kesinee Ville Housing Estate, the school exudes a warm welcome to all who visit; the atmosphere is one of a close community in a safe, clean and green environment. Providing housing for approximately 150 familes, the estate itself is intimate, friendly and a great place to raise a family. With a mix of both international and Thai residents, it's a relaxed and easy place to both visit and live.
KIS is easily accessible from many locations in Bangkok and as such, families have a variety of choices for housing locations around central Bangkok as well, and still have easy access to KIS.
The following areas are good housing locations for their proximity to school, BTS (sky train), MRT (subway) and for road links to the school:
Any odd numbered Sukhumvit sois particularly:
- Sukhumvit Sois 15 to 21
- Sukhumvit Soi 55 (also know as Thong Lor)
- Sukhumvit Soi 63 (also known as Ekamai)
- Sukhumvit Soi 65-71
KIS is also accessible from:
- Rama 9 road
- Asok- Rachadapisek road
- Lad Prao road
- Sathorn Road- using the Lumpini-Rama 4 expressway
- Ekamai-Ramintra & Chaengwattana-Srinakarin expressways, giving access to many suburbs
From the MRT by Taxi
KIS is a five minute taxi ride from the MRT station Thailand Cultural Centre. The exit for the most direct route to the campus by taxi is Exit 3. Click below for a map which also includes directions from all access points.
Free MRT Shuttle Service
On the regular school days, there will be 3 shuttle vans available. The service will be on the first-come first-served basis and will be free of charge.
- The morning round will start from 6:50 am departing from the Thailand Cultural Centre (TCC) EXIT 2 in the car park area. Three shuttle vans will depart as soon as the seats are all taken.
- Three shuttle vans will be available in each round offered in the afternoon: 15:00, 16:00 and 16:45hrs. The shuttle service will depart from Secondary School entrance. The drop off is the MRT station, the TCC, EXIT 2 in the car park area. Please note that the shuttle will not make any other stops prior to and/or after the MRT (TCC) EXIT 2.
- Although we have increased the numbers of shuttle vans, we would like to request that the seat allocation for primary school families is one adult per family. Primary school students who have older siblings in Secondary School are permitted to use the shuttle service with their older siblings i.e. no adult supervision is required. Please note that primary school students are not allowed to use the shuttle on their own.
School Bus Service
- KIS offers door-to-door transportation service operated by KIS and Montri Bus, a professional transportation company.
- KIS and Montri buses are air-conditioned mini-vans with safety belts installed in all seats. The vans are also equipped with GPS tracking, motion sensors, video camera, mobile telephone, fire extinguisher and first aid kit. Apart from well trained drivers, each van has a bus monitor to take care of and supervise the children on the van. The school bus is available for students from EY1 senior up.
If you giving directions to a Thai taxi driver you can give the directions phonetically by saying the following:
"Rongrian Nanachaat K. I. S.
Thanon Pracha- Utit soi yeesip-et
Sii Yaek Meng Jai
GPS Coordinates: 13°46'19"N 100°35'22"E
Map and Location: Click here